It’s officially fall and as the holidays roll in and life gets crazier, do NOT forget to prepare for the cold. Seasonal preparations are a key part in ensuring safety and keeping home maintenance low.
Flagship’s very own, Brin Corbett, talks about the importance of preparing your home or rental ready for the change in weather.
Some tips to keep in mind include but are not limited to:
- Ensure pools, grills, fire pits, all other outdoor necessities are properly prepared for winter.
- Check bulbs on lamps and lanterns to ensure proper lighting when there is less daylight.
- Be sure to check heating systems prior to the initial cold day.
- Make sure to clean and check gutters to clean out leaves and other debris.
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms to ensure safety.
- Clear leaves and debris from foundation of the home and decks to prevent moisture build up.
- Ensure indoor fireplaces are clean and ready for use.
- Double check pipes (inside and outside) to take extra precautions against freezing and bursting.
- Buy salt or sand to prepare for any ice that may occur.
Make sure to take Brian Corbett’s tips into consideration when preparing for the weather change!